Folland Sports 4 Newport 0

Newport travelled to Follands Park on a dull blustery wet day and came unstuck as the Planemakers notched up their second consecutive win to move them up the table.

The Port brought in new signings Ryan Young in goal and Connor Kelly wide on the left. Jared Wetherick has returned from his travels and took a place on the bench.

Newport started the brighter of the two teams and were quickly on the attack but Follands were well organised at the back and easily dealt with any threat.

On 7 minutes Follands were awarded a free kick 30 yards out. A superb effort curled over the wall and keeper but crashed against the bar, an early warning of what was to come.

Newport were struggling to stay on their feet and both sides were making mistakes in the difficult conditions. In the early stages of the match both sides were hitting the ball long but it was just zipping through out of play.
On 16 minutes Mansell broke away for Folland and slotted the ball past Ryan Young cleverly.

10 minutes later The Planemakers doubled their lead, moving the ball across goal effectively before Oliver hitting a shot that deflected off a Newport leg into the net.

Newport then started to put together some good moves, a Jared Cousins header that just got touched wide for a corner. This was followed by another two corners in short succession as The Port fought to get back in the game but the Folland defence stayed firm. Just before half time Newport had their best chance to score when Connor Kelly broke into the box but the Folland keeper got down low at the post to push the ball away for a corner.

HT: Folland Sports 2 Newport 0

Had one of the late Newport efforts gone in it might have been a different story in the second half but the game quickly resumed into a similar pattern, with Newport all hustle and bustle but unable to create scoring chances.
Lewis Wright did go close with a free kick from just outside the area that brought a good save from the Folland keeper.
Andy Sampson tried to change things around in the 66th minute by bringing on Jared Wetherick for Lewis Wright but within 5 minutes Folland had extended their league. A corner was met with a firm header by Ryman to put the game beyond doubt.

Folland were really on top now and a shot from outside the box was well saved at full stretch by Ryan Young.

On 75 mins Andy Sampson made a double substitution Joe Craig and Ben Snow coming on for Louie Fleming and Harrison Yates. Newport had a good chance from a corner but Martin McDonough’s header skidded wide.

There was a delay for a skirmish after a Folland defender lost his footing and slid in two footed on Neo Lamb.It looked worse than it was, there didn’t seem to be intent and the Port player was uninjured.

There was just time for Mansell to finish off a move and score Folland’s fourth goal in the 93rd minute.

Full Time: Folland Sports 4 Newport 0

Newport: Young, Hughes, Lamb, Barron, McDonough, Pearce, Wright (Wetherick), Yates (Craig), Fleming (Snow), Cousins, Kelly. Subs unused: Powell

Referee: S Hawkes

Attendance: 22